An history from 1936 to today
Site internet du CNRS Bandeau-IAP logoIAP
accueil | ContactDirectoryAccessSitemapdrapeau

An history from 1936 to today


  • 2001

A team of theoretical physicists from the Physical and Mathematical Sciences Department (SPM) of CNRS, joined the IAP in 2001. Together they made up a research group called “GReCO” (Gravitation and cosmology), under the label Formation de recherche en evolution - “Evolving research group” (FRE2435). These physicists are specialists of primordial cosmology and gravitation, and their research themes are complementary to those traditionally studied in astrophysics and observational cosmology, within labs attached to the Sciences of the Universe Department (INSU).

In 2001, the IAP joined the Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris 6) and became a mixed research unit, UMR7095.

  • 2005-2006

In 2005, Laurent Vigroux became the IAP’s new director. The IAP and the GReCO merged into a single CNRS-UPMC Mixed Research Unit (UMR 7095).
Research teams were re-organised into six groups:

By decree on November 30th 2005, the IAP was granted the status of Observatoire des Sciences de l’Univers (“Observatory for the Sciences of the Universe”) and Ecole Interne (“Internal school”) of the Université Pierre et Marie Curie. By ministerial decree on November 24th 2006, Laurent Vigroux was named director of the Observatoire Institut d’Astrophysique de Paris of the Université Pierre et Marie Curie, for a five-year term.

cnrs  upmc
Member of the ILP and ESP LabEx
ilp  esep

UMR7095 - Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris - 98 bis boulevard Arago - 75014 Paris - Tél. 33 (1) 44 32 80 00 - Fax 33 (1) 44 32 80 01 | ContactDirectoryAccessSitemap  | 

Layout in 2010 | Legal notice  |